-Edited this post with update-
qbWinQuakeDX : qbism bjp WinQuake with DirectX video driver:
So here’s an unofficial and slightly “modernized” exe and source package of Bengt Jardrup’s enhanced WinQuake: qbWinQuakeDX
This is a slightly repackaged mod of Bengt Jardrup’s “Win/GLQuake Mapper Version”.
– Only WinQuake.exe has been produced (located in Release folder)
– Includes source code and project file for Codeblocks Advanced with mingw from Reckless
– uses C rendering functions rather than ASM
– uses mh’s DirectX vid_win.c replacement
– faster drawspans replacement by mh, Manoel Kasimer, and qbism
– a few efficient macros from LordHavoc and John Fitz
– other minor changes as commented, mostly to soothe compiler.
WHY DO SUCH A THING???
– Robust and large-capacity Quake in a software renderer package.
– Classic engine updated to work with current weird-resolution laptops.
– Ported to an updated open-source IDE and compiler suite.
– Makes a good reference for testing big maps and comparing other engines.
I started with glquakebjp.zip from http://user.tninet.se/~xir870k/. The thing is that it’s not a complete set of sources, just the ones that have changed from original ID source.